Mike joined the Bias staff in 2009 after a five year stint with Airshow Mastering, bringing with him several years of recording, mixing and mastering experience.
Having in-depth knowledge of the entire recording process gives Mike an especially clear understanding of the challenges facing independent artists in todays music industry.
Since joining Bias, Mike has mastered music across all genres, including projects for John Jennings (producer for Mary Chapin-Carpenter, John Gorka) Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer, Luke Brindley, Tina Chancey, Tom Principato, and the Afro Bop Alliance Big Band.
An avid banjo player, Mike can be found at several roots music festivals providing sound reinforcement and remote recording services.
Mike's live and field recording work includes projects for FloydFest, The Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion, Smithsonian Institution, The National Council for the Traditional Arts, The Virginia Foundation for the Humanities and has appeared on NPR and the nationally syndicated radio program American Routes.
Some of Mike's credits:
- John Jennings - Everybody Sing!
- Bonnie Rideout - Harlaw Scotland 1411
- Sweet Honey In The Rock - Live at Lincoln Center
- Eric Scott - Where the Water Runs Deepest
- Bruce Molsky - If It Ain't Here When I Get Back
- John McCutcheon - Passage
- Afro Blue - The Best is Yet To Come
- Luke Brindley - Hidden Wholeness
- Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer - Sing To Your Baby
- Afro Bop Alliance - Una Más
- Martí Brom - Not For Nothin'
- Pasadena - Nowhere Fast
- Bond & Bentley - Hold Steady
- Zach Bellas - Whatever You Want
- Mike Smirnoff - Photovoltaic
- Steve Williams - Jazz Nation with Eddie Daniels
- Slim Man - Christmas Eve
- Lena Seikaly - Lovely Changes
- Akua Allrich - Uniquely Standard
- Tony Martucci - Life in Hand
- Dale Jett & Hello Stranger - Going Down the Valley
- Tina Chancey - American Landscapes
- The Braeded Chord - Long Awaited King
- Danny Gatton & Tom Principato - Blazing Telecasters
- The Texas Chainsaw Horns - Beam Me Up Elvis
- The Great Unknowns - Homefront
- The Falconaires - Sharing the Freedom
- Native Run - Ten Mornings
- Stephen Wade - Banjo Diary
- The Flyin' A's - Faith and Gasoline
- Telesma - Action In Inaction
- Howard University Jazz Ensemble - Ode to Life
- Dale Jett - When the Sun Comes Out Again
- Kevin Dudley - Texarkana Diner
- Tom Teasley - All the World's A Stage
- Tom Principato - Raising the Roof
- Ehoff Gano Knepp - Dialogue
- Ron Kearns - Quiet Nights
- Owen Danoff - Never Trust A Man
- Schiavone - My Only Secret
- Kindlewood - DESIDERIUM