Jim joined Bias in 1980, as an accomplished bassist, singer and studio owner. He has added to his repertoire every year, expanding the services he offers clients to include arranger, composer, producer, and video director. He recently produced Renee McCullough’s cd Cool Me which brought her both recording and publishing contracts.
He’s been busy these last 30-something years acting as engineer or producer on hundreds of releases, with some nice accolades along the way:
- GRAMMY Nominee for Best Engineered Record - Mary Chapin Carpenter – Time*Sex*Love
- GRAMMY Award for Bon Appetit – Cathy Fink and Mary Marxer
- GRAMMY Award for Scat Like Tthat – Cathy Fink and Marcy Marxer
- Best Recording Engineer – 4 YEARS – WAMA
- Gold sales – Mary Chapin Carpenter – Party Doll and Other Favorites
- Video of the Year - WAMA for Afro Blue's "Nature Boy"